Friday, November 11, 2011

This is a photo update!

(a. gabe carving pumpkin.
b.  portrait of gabe made of pumpkin guts)

Halloween weekend I went to Philly. We dyed Gabe's hair, gave me a blonde streak, heard some music, danced, had some beers and carved a gnarly pumpkin. I saw ben franklin's grave. I also went to this really cool place called magic gardens where I saw this:


 A lot of things are puzzling. 


Such as the fact that randomly the girl I babysit sprouts octopus fingers. I never know what to do when this happens, however, we do not eat bagels with cream cheese on octopus finger days.


Today I took the girls to the New York Historical Society. There is a children's exhibit there where I met Ben Franklin...I didn't tell him I just saw his grave a few weeks ago in Philly, I thought that'd be kind of cruel. Spud, the little munchkin up top got to be George Washington and I got to explain slavery to a 6 year old. 


This is the view from their apartment. 


A few weeks ago I braved a rain storm to look at some light installations. This was one of my favorites but the pouring rain really limited the competition. 


I think I like Coney Island more than most people. I took the dudes in the photo below. It was nice. 


I think even if they didn't like Coney Island as much as I did, they still had fun in New York. I have photographic evidence.



Also, at some point I made time to go to the Occupy Wall Street protest in times square. Every once in awhile on the abc news ticker "occupy wall street movement goes worldwide" would glide by and everyone would cheer. hrm.

Well! Now you've seen some things I've seen! Neat!

xo-emily.

No comments: